The most advanced model we have ever attempted. A pile driving rig does what its name implies - it drives down concrete and steel columns into the ground by means of either a dropped weight or a hydraulic hammer. This Pile Driving Rig was designed with National Rig Rental and is based on the Junttan PMx22 Pile Driving Rig, one of the most capable rigs in the world. We got input from the crew over there, including their mechanics, to make sure we got this as accurate and functional as possible.
- Designed with experts who operate and maintain Junttan pile driving rigs!
- The entire leader has been carefully balanced so that it can fold flat with the rig for easy transportation!
- The entire leader can then pivot up by the use of three rams to an angled or upright position!
- A winch on the side allows control of the height of the hammer!
- A front ram pushes the leader in and out and up and down for very accurate positioning!
- Designed to hold a chopstick, you can grab the hammer and drive it in to a soft substance (i.e. soil or sand) - it really works!
- The rig can rotate 360 degrees on its turntable!
- Each tread can independently spread outwards for amazing stability!
- Also included is the counterweight which can be moved in and out of the rig at the back!
- The counterweight has two jacks that are strong enough, with the leader, to raise the entire rig!
- Once the rig is raised, the treads can rotate and spread underneath on the spot!
- Two pile arms on the leader can hold the pile securely!
- So many features and so much fun!
THIS KIT INCLUDES:
- 351 pieces. They are all brand-new genuine LEGO elements.
- Professionally designed full-color step-by-step instruction booklet printed on smooth, high-quality 28lb paper!
- Packaged in a collector's quality box.
DIMENSIONS OF ASSEMBLED MODEL (LxWxH)
- 9 x 3.75 x 13.5 inches (23 x 9.5 x 34.5cm)
DESIGNED AND MADE IN OREGON, USA
- We're proud to support our local economy and community by keeping our entire design and production work in Oregon, USA.
- All of our packaging and shipping materials are made in the USA.
DISCLAIMER | LEGO is a registered trademark of The LEGO Group which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this product.